I have a cape-style house and am getting conflicting information as to how to properly insulate/ ventilate the attic.

I had soffit vents and a ridge vent installed. I had blown cellulose added to the existing batting and had baffles installed to ventilate from the soffit vents to the ridge vent. The knee-wall spaces and the slopes were not insulated, though (and only have the original rock-wool in them), because I was told that blowing cellulose would crush the baffles and prevent air-flow along those spaces.

The conflicting information that I'm getting is around insulating those slopes and knee-wall spaces. 50% of contractors that I've spoken to have told me to dense pack the slopes and to block up the soffit vents while 50% are saying let them "breathe" as is and leave them uninsulated unless I want to tear down the drywall on the interior walls to gently put batting up against those baffles.

My question is: What is the proper way to insulate and ventilate a cape? Are the soffits necessary or should I dense pack those slopes?

Thanks for any help or advice!