+ Reply to Thread

Default Stairwell Painting

I am about start painting our room upstairs but I am not sure about the approach to paint the stairwell. Some portion of the drywall also needs to be fixed. How can I get this done?

Default Re: Stairwell Painting

Depends on the space and access, ladders and scaffolds will be your best bet.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Don't shortcut with safe scaffolding. BTDT Once you have the scaffoling in place, do all the prep work needed, including the primer before moving the scaffolding.

Setting up scaffolding in a stairway can be a tricky situation. Make sure that whatever you do, it's safe.

I will usually put a ladder against the wall up high and set the bottom on a lower step. The ladder cannot be straight up and down, give it some lean. Then run a plank (2 x 12 or aluminum plank) from that tall ladder to a shorter step ladder at the top of the stairs or on a landing.

Work slowly and carefully. Be aware of your surroundings and where you're standing.

If you have questions about how to do the drywall patching, just let us know.
    Joel @ The Renovation Place

Check out my website at Hidden Content