+ Reply to Thread

Default hot water loop #2

[This is a picture of the 2 lines that I disconnected when I went from 2 sinks to 1. I did not attach either one when I hooked up the new lines for the 1 sink . I do not have any fixtures attached to any lines, ( shower, toilet and new sink ). I was just doing leak test before putting up walls . When I turn on the water to the new lines ,I lose hot water to whole house . Nothing crossed , and water does come out, but not hot water. Do I need to hook up one of the disconnected lines to new hot water line.? I thought they were hammer resisters.
    Last edited by captainmuscle11; 01-29-2013 at 03:26 PM.

Default Re: hot water loop #2

What picture?

John

I know having trouble downloading picture. I'll try again. Try going to photobucket.com/captainmuscle11

Did you install a new tub or shower valve? All your picture shows is two open water lines. Maybe a picture of what your doing may help.

John

johnjh20., All I was doing was a leak test, thats when I found out about the hot water issue. I only have the water lines sticking out of the walls with shut offs on them, for sink and toilet. The shower has a plug for handle and cap on shower spout . Was doing leak test before putting up walls. Do I need to have water running out of all lines ?
    Bob

That's your problem. You need to install the cartridge in the shower valve. With just the cap on it the hot and cold are mixing through the shower. It must be a Delta shower valve. Good valve but install the cartridge and your problems will be over. The cartridge comes with the trim kit.

John

Thank-You Very Much John, Yes it is a Delta faucet. That Makes me feel better, now I can start putting up my walls.
    Bob

Glad I was able to be of some help,

John