Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Northern Virginia

    Default Replacing A Toilet Fill Valve

    Sorry for posting before doing my research . . .

    Tonight, I discovered that a Fill Value is spraying water when filling; the water is exiting through the flush handle.

    I've replaced a Fill Valve before (with a flex supply hose), but this new to even if it's standard.

    This one has 1/4" chrome-finish solid pipe, withe compression fitting on the fill valve and the supply shut off value.

    I assume I can't reuse the 1/4" solid pipe, even with a new compression fitting to a new fill valve tower (the fitting looks like it's also a reducer).

    I want to the keep the supply valve, which is also compression fitted to the inlet pipe from the wall.

    What should I do (besides dj1 telling me to call an expensive plumber in No. VA).


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Houston Texas

    Default Re: Replacing A Toilet Fill Valve

    They make flex hoses available at the big box stores. They run about $5 Be sure to get the right one on each end. It can be confusing.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Replacing A Toilet Fill Valve


    You don't need to call an expensive Washington DC plumber for this type of work. A skilled handyman will do. Besides, don't you want to stimulate the economy a little bit?

    Regardless, the 1/4" tubes are slowly vanishing, very few use them. Choose a flex, as HR said. Make sure you get one that say "closet".

    You can do it, they can help.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts