Sorry for posting before doing my research . . .

Tonight, I discovered that a Fill Value is spraying water when filling; the water is exiting through the flush handle.

I've replaced a Fill Valve before (with a flex supply hose), but this new to even if it's standard.

This one has 1/4" chrome-finish solid pipe, withe compression fitting on the fill valve and the supply shut off value.

I assume I can't reuse the 1/4" solid pipe, even with a new compression fitting to a new fill valve tower (the fitting looks like it's also a reducer).

I want to the keep the supply valve, which is also compression fitted to the inlet pipe from the wall.

What should I do (besides dj1 telling me to call an expensive plumber in No. VA).