+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Metal Shed Concerns (and an idea)

Quote Originally Posted by JLMCDANIEL View Post
    I would consider a wood shed, remove the door frame and install a standard size door and you can close off the remaining open front and back at the bottom. Install a trough between the two roof to drain water away from the sides and to shelter the sides.

Personally i would stick build a shed the size and height that you want.

Jack
    The trough idea is good. I'm still concerned about moisture buildup on the walls betwixt the two buildings, though.

The stick shed idea was kind of an option that I was thinking of, but y'alls comments are getting me leaning more in that direction.

You certainly have the height for a side shed roof off the gambrel and in rural areas, that is quite common on barns. Here is an idea, you could also T off one side of the existing shed. It could be a conventional roof design (dormer) that ties into the roof of your existing shed. You would have to stick build this yourself.

You could have the carriage doors on the side of the addition away from the existing shed on the dormer end or on the same side as the existing doors. This way you only have to build three sides and a roof. Once complete, you could cut a door in the side of the existing shed to tie the two together and put in a step or two between the elevations.

Quote Originally Posted by keith3267 View Post
    You certainly have the height for a side shed roof off the gambrel and in rural areas, that is quite common on barns. Here is an idea, you could also T off one side of the existing shed. It could be a conventional roof design (dormer) that ties into the roof of your existing shed. You would have to stick build this yourself.

You could have the carriage doors on the side of the addition away from the existing shed on the dormer end or on the same side as the existing doors. This way you only have to build three sides and a roof. Once complete, you could cut a door in the side of the existing shed to tie the two together and put in a step or two between the elevations.

I really like that idea. Might be a bit too rich for my blood, but I REALLY like it.

Well, the wife and I have discussed the options on a shed. We looked at it from all angles and have come up with a solution that removes all the questions I had about the type, style and size.

We're remodelling the bathroom instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Poison Oak View Post
    Well, the wife and I have discussed the options on a shed. We looked at it from all angles and have come up with a solution that removes all the questions I had about the type, style and size.

We're remodelling the bathroom instead.

LOL Yeah, been there, done that! LOL
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

By the time you finish that project, you will wish you had done the shed. It would be cheaper and easier, but bathrooms are important too.

Quote Originally Posted by keith3267 View Post
    By the time you finish that project, you will wish you had done the shed. It would be cheaper and easier, but bathrooms are important too.
    Best of both worlds, tell the wife you'll put a bathroom in the shed for her!
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Domestic tranquility and all that.