+ Reply to Thread

Default Installing an Heat recovery ventilator (HRV) ("Air Exchanger") - how difficult?

We have one of these at the family cottage and am thinking about one for our house. How difficult are they to install? Local HVAC company wanted and arm and both legs to install one.

Default Re: Installing an Heat recovery ventilator (HRV) ("Air Exchanger") - how difficult?

Degree of difficutly is a relative term because it all depends on your knowledge and experience.

It's not hard to install, but if you're not sure, don't mess with it - get a pro to do it.

Sometimes DIYers think they can do certain things, but they end up spending double the money due to faulty installation.

Default Re: Installing an Heat recovery ventilator (HRV) ("Air Exchanger") - how difficult?

I totally understand the over the head thing! It didn't look too difficult and my awesome wife was a chemical engineer in a previous life where she dealt with large scale air exchangers Still toying with the idea, but hope to hear from a few more people. Will put some more thought into it before I dive in!

Thank you!