View Poll Results: Log in or register to vote for the April 2013 cover of This Old House Magazine

Voters
227. This poll is closed
  • COVER "A"

58 25.55%
  • COVER "B"

169 74.45%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Log in or register to vote for the April 2013 cover of This Old House Magazine

Not wild about either choice this time, but at least if you lose the ladder the bath is passable. The kitchen looks bland and unfinished.

Default Re: Log in or register to vote for the April 2013 cover of This Old House Magazine

Bathroom vs a kitchen - like oranges and apples. Both are beautiful in their own right.

I voted for the bathroom because I own and use a tub like this every day, and I LOVE it! Everyone who visits our 1833 farmhouse LOVE the bathroom and the claw foot tub!

IF we built a new, smaller home, I would include a tub just like that one.

Cover B is so Warm and inviting!

a has better contrast, b has clean lines but is too much white in it between the vanity and the walls
    fire up the saw and make some dust

I like cover "B".Cover "A"looks kind of bare and the tub reminds me of a toilet for some reason.

Smile Re: Log in or register to vote for the April 2013 cover of This Old House Magazine

Having lived in a house with a similar set up for the tub, I can personally report that function was not one of its better attributes. Although I love claw-foot tubs, cleaning around one set in a corner is not a fun job.

As for the cover pics, I have to go with B. The large window, placed over the sink as it is, opens up the room to boundless light and a great view of the outdoors. White might not be my first choice, but again, the lack of color only adds to the abundance of light, and allows for endless opportunities to spice up the space with colorful accessories without changing your wall colors.

Kitdhen sink trumps a bathtub any time, anywhere

The reason I think people are not going with the cover A, is due to the center of the picture where it is too heavy at sight compare to the windows on the cover B one. Another point may be the ladder. The fact we don't see a similar item on cover B makes it unatractive.

Cover "A" is more pleasing to the eye. Subtle color and balance. Cover "B" is to bland and busy looking.

Cool Re: Log in or register to vote for the April 2013 cover of This Old House Magazine

It's not "This Old Bathtub". Nice kitchen, my vote is for B.