View Poll Results: Log in or register to vote for the April 2013 cover of This Old House Magazine

Voters
227. This poll is closed
  • COVER "A"

58 25.55%
  • COVER "B"

169 74.45%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Log in or register to vote for the April 2013 cover of This Old House Magazine

A has too much dead space and know clear focal point (unless it's the ladder). Everything interesting seems to be on the very edges. B seems to be framed much better.

Default Re: Log in or register to vote for the April 2013 cover of This Old House Magazine

Rather spend more time in the kitchen. It's light and bright.

Red face Re:Cover Photo

Cover A is my choice. I love claw footed bathtubs, and they are making a comeback. The thought of soaking in a deep tub is very inviting.

Cover "B" looks warmer & more inviting , it is the warmth of the flooring .

I vote for the tub with the ladder and blue towel!!!!!

B is a better image in terms of framing and composition, however, it lacks color which A has, though that is a less pleasing and satisfying image.

Inset cabinetry--in every room-- is a wonderful, classic trend. The photograph is stunning, and would make a great cover.
    The footed tub is very nostalgic; many homes do not have the room for such a nice tub, so even though it is a great shot, it doesn't represent what most people are able to do when renovating/remodeling.

Too much going on in B for my taste.

"B" actually seems warmer to me. I think it's the liveliness of the floor and the cute little plants on the window sill. "A" seems a little cluttered.

Thumbs down Re: Log in or register to vote for the April 2013 cover of This Old House Magazine

I vote for B. The A bath is "cute". But, some things don't make sense. Free standing bath tubs are popular. But, years ago they went out of favor, mainly, I think, because you can't clean behind them and water goes everywhere and you can't get to it.

Also, the ladder towel rack is creative. But, how do you get to the window to open and close it and to clean it?

Design must be practical and consider all aspects of cleaning and who will be using it.