+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: New cordless system: Milwaukee, Makita, or DeWalt?

I am using both Makita and DeWalt tools

Default New cordless system: Milwaukee, Makita, or DeWalt?

Hey,
    I am new in this forum.i read all post but i didn't understand.if any one have more knowledge about this post kindly share it..

regarding the 12v line of drills. yesterday i recieved the new milwaukee 12v FUEL brushless impact driver.. i was using it today on a large deck i was building.. all im going to say is AMAZING.. the makitas are good for light duty stuff. the dewalts a little bit better but dont have the run time of this new line of milwaukees

my full review of this tool will be up on www.concordcarpenter.com along with a review of the milwaukee laser measure and 15 amp super sawzall.. with more tool reviews to come in the future

great.. the page still wont accept jpg files...
    fire up the saw and make some dust

We used our Makita impact drivers to drive 1250 6" timberlock bolts on a job a couple years ago. We were sistering LVL's onto 140 year old oak joists. The makitas got warm, but held up.
    Milwaukees always work well, but mine always got stolen off of jobs.
    Remove not the ancient landmark, which your fathers have set.

Last summer I was shopping around for a cordless drill/driver and started checking out the "kits" available. Where I work, we've used Bosch, Milwaukee and DeWalt drill/drivers for years. The compact Bosch drivers just plain suck. The DeWalt drivers were durable, but the NiCad batteries were the weak point for us. The Bosch compact 10V Lithium Ion drivers are experiencing failures that exceed the rate they can be replaced, the 9.6V NiCad drivers are also failing, but the 18V Lithium drivers are still going strong. This is in a heavy production environment though. I avoided all of those.

For my own home use, I finally settled on a Kobalt 18V Lithium set from Lowe's. It may not be an expensive set, but it had what I wanted: a cordless reciprocating saw, circular saw, a drill/driver and the usually included but not needed flashlight.
    It also came with 1.5A/hour and 3A/hour batteries. I've ripped several sheets of plywood ranging from 1/4 to 3/4" on a single charge with the circular saw. For cutting 2x and 4x4s for my garden bed, it never got below 1/2 charge with the 3A/hr battery. The drill with the same battery seems to last forever. My last count with tightening 1/4" bolts was over 400 or so...probably less for screwing lag bolts into wood though. The reciprocating saw does use up a lot of power, but for destroying things, it's great. Finally, the flashlight: it's LED and probably would last for days if left on.

Anyway, that's just my personal experience. Your mileage may vary.

may be Milwaukee is the best