+ Reply to Thread

Default adjustable stand or tripod that will extend 11 feet high

Hi All,

Does anyone out there know of an adjustable stand or tripod that I can place a laser level on top of that will extend 11 feet high...

Default Re: adjustable stand or tripod that will extend 11 feet high

Drywall lift?
    The "Senior Member" designation under my name doesn't mean I know a lot, it just means I talk a lot.I've been a DIYer since I was 12 (thanks, Dad!). I have read several books on various home improvement topics. I do not have any current code books I can refer to. I was an apprentice plumber for two years.

can you tell us what the reason for this is?

speaking in general terms.....use the laser lever down low and get a level line on all 4 walls of the room. then measure up to the height you're looking for....example....you make a level line around a room 4' high, measure up 7' from that line then you'll have a new level line at 11' above the floor.

does that help?

mlb is right. its standard practice by pros.. the problem with having a tripod that tall is wind. wind can cause the stand to wobble which makes getting a accurate reading very difficult..

your best option is to do what mlb said or get a laser level that has a wall mounting bracket so you can hang the level on a wall
    fire up the saw and make some dust

When needed we build a shelf for our laser, or hang it from a string to height, or put the tripod on a table if we need to keep putting it back each day.