+ Reply to Thread

Thread: kitchen faucet

Hybrid View

Default kitchen faucet

When I turn on my cold water it runs cold for a few seconds, turns to hot for about 20 seconds and returns to cold. I was told it was a cross bleed in the faucet. However, replaced the faucet and the same problem occurs.

Default Re: kitchen faucet

More info needed.

Is this a new problem?
    What kind of faucet are you using?
    Look under the sink - are the supply flexes connected correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by dj1 View Post
    More info needed.

Is this a new problem?
    What kind of faucet are you using?
    Look under the sink - are the supply flexes connected correctly?
    Not really new.....but it wasn't always like this. The faucet is a
    Delta. I had my kitchen remodeled so everything was installed by a plumber. I did mess up because I didn't check to see if I still had the problem before he left... But like I stated, this happened with two different faucets...

Sorry, that's all I have... I know the hoses are on right because when you turn on the hot water, that's what you get.. and cold water works after a while...

Is this the only faucet in the house that does this? Do any of the others even seem to have a little extra warmth in the cold water after some time and then go back cold?

How close is the water heater to the kitchen? I mean like the other side of the house or the other side of the wall?

When you turn on the hot water, how long does it take for the water from the faucet to get hot? Is it about the same time as it does when you turn on the cold water?

Turn on the faucet full blast on cold, then on hot, is there a noticeable difference in the flow. If you are not sure, get a 2 qt pan and measure how many seconds it takes to fill it when the hot only is on full blast and then again when the cold only is on full blast.

If the water heater is next to the kitchen, look at the two pipes coming out the top of it, are they very close together or touching? Are they insulated individually?

Look under the sink, are the hot and cold pipes close together under there?

This is the only faucet that does this. The water pressure is the same, cold or hot. When I turn on the hot, that is what I get. I've checked the hoses and the pipes and can't find anything wrong. The hot water heater is located in the basement. Like I said the faucet was changed out and all the plumbing was done by a plumber. I've lived here for almost 20 years and this problem just started about a year ago...