+ Reply to Thread

Default leaky bath faucet

My faucet is leaking in the bathroom becausethe phillips head screws are flatten and i can't get them loose.is there help for me. Cot123

Default Re: leaky bath faucet

If you know the brand and know that you can get a replacement handle for it, you can cut the handle off at the screw to allow access with pliers of vice grips to grab and remove the screw. Notice I said to cut the handle AT the screw, because you want to remove the screw, not cut the end of the valve off. You could also cut a slot into the screw head and use a flat tipped screwdriver to remove it.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

If thatís the case, you may need to replace the entire faucet. Iíve been in that situation a few months ago and I had no choice but to remove the faucet. It was the best decision and Iím thankful that I was able to replace my old leaky faucet with a new one.
    Last edited by marf1273; 08-17-2009 at 05:10 AM.

You could also try a grab-it bit. One side of this bit is used to grind out a small divet into the head of the screw. Then turn the bit over and this side grabs into the divet and backs the screw out. I have used them successfully many times. The bits can be purchased at Lowes or Home Depot.
    Best, Mark