+ Reply to Thread

Question multiple lights/circuits, one switch

Hi.

My mother-in-law's basement has 7 lights. 1 connected to the switch, the rest are on pull strings. Most of these lights are connected to the circuit directly above them i.e. they are on about 5 different circuits.

Whats my easiest way to wire these so that I can turn them all on with 1 switch? I've looked into wireless sockets/switch products, they look unreliable, and the basement is fairly large, so I think I would run into range as well as line-of-sight issues.

I suspect that I'll need to disconnect the lights from their current circuits and make a completely new circuit, but I thought I'd fish for another method if there is one.
    Thanks.

Default Re: multiple lights/circuits, one switch

Quote Originally Posted by socram View Post
    Hi.

I suspect that I'll need to disconnect the lights from their current circuits and make a completely new circuit, but I thought I'd fish for another method if there is one.
    Thanks.
    That's the way I would go.

Quote Originally Posted by bsum1 View Post
    That's the way I would go.
    True. There are other ways such as motion sensors, X10, wireless etc. but the cost could be in the hundreds.
    Good Luck from Columbiana, Alabama
    Maurice Turgeon, Hidden Content

It's simple and logical: If you want all lights to be controlled by one switch, then they all have to be on the same circuit, as mentioned b4.