+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Interesting Problem

Update:

Persistent little beggars! They have moved from trying to create tunnels under the house to building them up the outside of the foundation. This is actually better/easier for me, since now all I have to do is rub the tunnels off once in a while, rather than do the long crawl under the house.

What I've done to date:

Destroyed all tunnels, dusted the sill plate and foundation wall with a heavy layer of diatomaceous earth. Poured a thick layer of sand around in the general area of the activity.

The last couple trips under the house showed diminished activity, though I did notice a new trail on the back wall, stem wall, which is now where they're exiting on the outside of the foundation.

Activity evidence inside the house is minimal, I think they're busy trying to recreate/maintain their tunnels to the ground. I'm checking the exterior daily, will do the under-house crawl in the next day or two.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Update:

Persistent little bastards!

I have been diligently knocking down the tunnels as they form, interestingly, they always progress from the house, they don't sprout from the ground.

The sand and DE didn't do much to slow or stop them, but keeping the tunnels knocked down has made a big difference. They've gone from building several tunnels to just a single "mega" tunnel.

Today I sprayed the wood and between the sillplate and foundation with Timbor (different brand, actually, but same DOT active ingredient ). Hopefully this is going to slow/stop the little buggers, I'm getting tired of crawling under the house.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Sounds like rusting screws. Sometimes drywall hangers forget to use SS screws or MR screws when working :/

But based on the picture you posted, looks like it may almost be some kind of drywall eating termite!
    Don't kill the dream, execute it.

Retroloco-LJ
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Retroloco-LJ View Post
    Sounds like rusting screws. Sometimes drywall hangers forget to use SS screws or MR screws when working :/

But based on the picture you posted, looks like it may almost be some kind of drywall eating termite!
    Instead of spamming the site with crap posts, why don't you try reading past the first post or two? It has long since been determined that the issue is termites, and several remedial methods are underway to correct the problem.

If you have something of value to add to this thread, by all means, please offer an opinion, but don't come in and repeat what the first 10 posters stated and think you're being "helpful"

BTW, the nature of all your posts are spam worthy, merely an effort to get your sigline onto a trafficed site. You will need to look elsewhere if this is all you are at TOH for. If I see many more post from you such as this, they will be reported.