+ Reply to Thread

Default How to remove metal trim from windows and closet

Hi, I am having an issue with removing metal trim around windows and the closet in one of the bedrooms. I am trying to decide if it is worth removing it and then trimming around the windows or if I should just board up around the metal trim and then use new wood trim. Let me know if guys have any ideas.

I am working on getting a photo uploaded. Having a little trouble with size limit.

Thank you,

Brian

Default Re: How to remove metal trim from windows and closet

You can e-mail Pictures to me jackson_l_mcdaniel@yahoo.com abd I will post them for you. Include TOH PICS in the subject line a nd a link to this thread or your TOH username.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

If you are talking about drywall corner trim you would need to cut the skim coat about and inch in from the corner and scrap the skim off the corner trim to remove it. If it were me I would leave in place and box in.

Jack

Here is the Op's photos

\
    It would appear from the photos you are talking about a metal window frame and a metal door from. You have the choice of boxing in the frame with wood or you need to replace the window and frame with a new window and remove completely the door frame.

Jack

Jack thanks for the help.