+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Water from Cleanout Door

In the wintertime water comes into my basement thru the cleanout door by my furace. If I open door and drain out water, it fills up again within a hour or so. It goes on all winter but not 24/7. It seems to come thru on and off. Any Ideas or who would be the best professional to call. I do have a french drain around outside of house and there are no other leaks.
    Thx
    Angelo

Default Re: Water from Cleanout Door

Without going into your specifics, a cover or some kind of awning can solve the problem. Of course you will have to divert all water away from this door, to have it work.

Try sending a photo (you can email a photo to our member JLMCDANIEL, just put TOH PHOTO on the subject line and include your info).

I think insulation can also solve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by alamengual View Post
    In the wintertime water comes into my basement thru the cleanout door by my furace. If I open door and drain out water, it fills up again within a hour or so. It goes on all winter but not 24/7. It seems to come thru on and off. Any Ideas or who would be the best professional to call. I do have a french drain around outside of house and there are no other leaks.
    Thx
    Angelo
    If this cleanout door is located on a masonary chimney,and since the problem only seems to occur during winter , then it may have to do with excessive condensation from the exhaust gases from the furnace. Another possibilty is snow outside at ground level is being melted and finding it's way into the chimney
    I have seen a galvanized metal flue liner for a furnace that had rust hole inside the chimney that caused similar problems.
    I would think either a HVAC professional or chimney spe******t would be able to determine what's causing the issue and make recommendations to reolve it.

Quote Originally Posted by alamengual View Post
    Thx
    Angelo
    have you gotten this problem fixed yet? cant tell when u post it... do you live by water? bay/ocean,river,pond lake,, call mr.murphy 1(646 210 8126 ...leave a message thanks...