• COVER "A"

25 13.16%
  • COVER "B"

147 77.37%
  • COVER "C"

18 9.47%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Log in or register to vote for the March 2013 cover of This Old House Magazine

We've decided to mix things up for the March 2013 issue of This Old House and offer three very different cover selections for you to vote on--a classic kitchen, an inviting breakfast area, and a quaint exterior. Use the poll tool (above) to vote for your favorite March 2013 cover (choices pictured below).

We enjoy reading your feedback, but be aware that only votes made through the poll tool will be counted. Votes that are typed into replies to this post will not be counted.

Scroll down to see the THREE (3) cover choices. The cover with the most votes will go to press. Thanks for your time!

COVER "A"

COVER "B"

COVER "C"
    Last edited by Moderator; 12-06-2012 at 04:49 PM.

Smile Re: Log in or register to vote for the March 2013 cover of This Old House Magazine

Cover A just reminds me of Spring, from the flowers on the table and window sill, to the plates and bowls decked out in a festive Spring motif.

Default Re: Log in or register to vote for the March 2013 cover of This Old House Magazine

"Spring ready" implies that things are ready to go outdoors. Also, the interior shots have too much white and look burned out in the photographs due to the light being reflected back onto the film. making for an unsatisfactory appearance for the cover of this magazine of value and worth. Those kinds of covers, with the burned out look, are meant for magazines that are cheaply designed and printed. TOH is better than that, so I voted for "B".

Default Re: Log in or register to vote for the March 2013 cover of This Old House Magazine

I think cover b is the one that would draw me over to look at the magazine

B cover looks more inviting and bespeaks Spring more effectiely .

Thumbs up Re: Log in or register to vote for the March 2013 cover of This Old House Magazine

I am also drawn to Cover "B". This cover just feels like spring, with the outdoor shot, beautiful flowers and oh so green grass. The outdoors is where we want to spend time in the spring, not indoors! It also seems to have the best color saturation, making it more appealing than the other two covers. If you are looking for a fresh look in your vintage home, check out VintageLightingandFanShoppe.com Very unique lighting.

I like A most of all. I get nothing from B. C is out of the question, it looks retro 1950's.

My eyes immediately went to number 2, so I voted for that one but I have to tell you, I did get a couple ideas for the kitchen renovation on our house from number 3. I loved the idea of putting shelving in the wall area by the door opening and also the window installed above cabinets for lighting without compromising privacy (if it is an issue). Thanks for the opportunity to vote on the magazine cover.

Getting outside in the spring is longed for during winter. The orange chair on the porch is just so inviting and inspiring.

I like the pots of flowers and the brightly coloured chair, very welcoming.