+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Bedroom BIG Problem!

I got a small room in our new home. And I have so many stuff from my old bedroom. Do I need to filter what to put in my new room? How I can be able to put all these things inside my new bedroom, is it possible? I don't want to loose all these stuff and give it away. Please help!

Default Re: Bedroom BIG Problem!

Best way to keep all your old stuff with you, which you donít need on daily basis is create a area in your new bedroom like a small store room where you can store all this stuff.

OR...weed out the stuff which is not essential.

Smile Re: Bedroom BIG Problem!

Quote Originally Posted by ericburns4 View Post
    Best way to keep all your old stuff with you, which you donít need on daily basis is create a area in your new bedroom like a small store room where you can store all this stuff.
    You got me an idea! Thank you! Now, all I need to think about is how to be creative enough in putting out this area of my old stuff, to not make it look like a mess. Thank you!

Vertical storage -- that is, shelving -- can provide an amazing amount of storage in a small amount of space. If you have the means to purchase it, freestanding shelf units provide a quick way to get shelving. As a bonus, they can be easily moved when you want to rearrange your bedroom, which can't be done when the shelves are attached to the wall. You can get freestanding shelf units at most hardware stores and home centers.

If you don't want your friends to see your junk, you can hang some attractive sheets or curtains over the shelves.
    The "Senior Member" designation under my name doesn't mean I know a lot, it just means I talk a lot.I've been a DIYer since I was 12 (thanks, Dad!). I have read several books on various home improvement topics. I do not have any current code books I can refer to. I was an apprentice plumber for two years.

Don't forget a storage bed (a bed with drawers under it). But here is a learning opportunity. You do not have stuff. You do not own anything in this life, everything you have owns you. You have to house it, protect it and meet any other of its needs. Keep only those things that serve you in some way, every thing else should be shed.
    Last edited by keith3267; 12-17-2012 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by keith3267 View Post
    Don't forget a storage bed (a bed with drawers under it). But here is a learning opportunity. You do not have stuff. You do not own anything in this life, everything you have owns you. You have to house it, protect it and meet any other of its needs. Keep only those things that serve you in some way, every thing else should be shed.
    I guess your right keith3267! Thank you for that meaningful advice.

You are welcome. I wish I could take credit for that wisdom, and I should have given credit when I posted it, but I got that from a book about a wise man and it was so long ago that I don't remember the book, author or the wise man. It should be quoted more often, I think a lot of people would be happier with their lives if they had this bit of advice.

I have to agree with what you have just said keith! Thank You!

Maximicing the area, like try to get a vertical storage from floor to ceiling, and put drawers under the bed and cahir (if you have one in your bedroom).