+ Reply to Thread

Talking Plumbers helper?

Does anyone know where I can find the " Workers Lounge Under-sink Pad " that Rich Trethewey used on This Old House show of Nov.23rd? Thanks

Default Re: Plumbers helper?

You will find it at workerslounge.net for $29.99. Please post back and let us know how comfortable it is.

Working under a sink, with limited access and rough conditions is not easy. Every pad helps. The right tools and experience also help.

Quote Originally Posted by mschlank View Post
    Does anyone know where I can find the " Workers Lounge Under-sink Pad " ...
    Not allowed to use a couch cushion?
    The "Senior Member" designation under my name doesn't mean I know a lot, it just means I talk a lot.I've been a DIYer since I was 12 (thanks, Dad!). I have read several books on various home improvement topics. I do not have any current code books I can refer to. I was an apprentice plumber for two years.

Exactly Fencepost. Wife has all sorts of plumbers helper pads, some are at the head of our beds. Already paid for.

We use old towels from the second hand store. 3 for a dollah. They are absorbent and I can wipe my dirty hands on them without the screaming.

Exclamation Re: Plumbers helper?

I ordered one of those pads from Workers lounge (they also call themselves Plumbers lounge) back in mid November of 2012. Got a voicemail message from them shortly afterwards alerting me that they were back ordered for 4-6 weeks. I never received any written verification of my order with them, other than the PayPal email with the payment confirmation (to an individual, not a company). Approaching 6 weeks with no word, I emailed them asking for confirmation of my order and an update. I got nothing. I had to file a dispute with Paypal to get any response from Workers lounge. They claimed the back order was 6-8 weeks, and by this time we were at the 8th week. They still refused to give me any kind of shipping date or explanation of their silence. I was forced to escalate the dispute to a claim for a refund, which I just got from PayPal.
    Please be cautious if ordering from this company. I saw on their Facebook page that others had the same issues that I did. Also note that if you wait the full back order time, you go past PayPal's 45 day window of being able to dispute the purchase and may be out of luck in getting a refund. Buyer beware.