I live in an 85 yr. old house with plaster walls which are not holding up well. A previous owner papered over the walls and now my dining room walls are crumbling at all of the seams which looks terrible because the seams gape open all around the room. We are not extremely handy and as my husband was laid off for quite a while, do not have $ to hire a plasterer. Is there any way to patch up my walls by the seams until we can afford to take care of it properly? Thanx.