Results 1 to 4 of 4

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2009

    Default Please??!!What is this tool??

    I've been looking everywhere with no success. This hand held tool is made by James Electronic Tool Co. Palo Alto Ca. I can find no info on the tool or the company. What is this???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN4875.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	2397   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN4877.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	14.9 KB 
ID:	2398   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN4878.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	14.9 KB 
ID:	2399  

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009

    Default Re: Please??!!What is this tool??

    Howdy it is a Atkins no carbohydrates hot dog holder......

  3. #3

    Default Re: Please??!!What is this tool??

    Looks like a shear type wire lead cutter hand tool with a length rule for smaller guage wire. Step one for preparing a lead or small length of wire for assembly (such as on a PC board), or a mid-point production or QA tool used to trim to spec a manufactured componant's wire lead.

    These days we'd probably use a retaining end cutter to prevent flying leads (the cut ends flying randomly) in mid- or post-production (if we still had any electronics manufacturing left in the US), and probably use a bench shear or a CNC machine to cut to length off a spool in pre-production (machine driven cheaper and more accurate than manual labor).

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Sand Springs, OK

    Default Re: Please??!!What is this tool??

    It looks like some metal bender or crimper to me. Something to fold the seams in standing seam roofs or crimp them together before fastening them with mechanical fasteners.
    Debby in Oklahoma

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts