I'm suddenly having an issue with my steam boiler. I have a Weil-McLain EG/PEG-35 which was installed in 04 or 05 (prior owner) with a Safgard Model 400 low water cutoff. We had a township inspector out this morning to check the chimney liner so I flipped the main burner switch to off. I do this from time to time when I flush the unit out.

Fast forward 12 hours later to this evening. I get home, flip the burner switch back on and turn the heat up. Instead of firing, all I'm getting is a rapid clicking on/off sound from my low water cutoff unit. It clicks for 10-15 seconds, stops for about 30, clicks for 10-15 seconds, stops, and then sits there. Any idea why this thing isn't firing? I've never had a problem with it before.

The gas is on (I've since turned it off just to be safe), the unit is getting power, and there's sufficient water. It might be the pilot light but I can't manually light it. The unit has an auto pilot light. I have no idea what could have changed in the 12 hours no one was around. If anyone has any idea as to why this won't fire, I'd really appreciate some insight.

Thanks in advance!