Hi all,

I have a Goodman 2.5 ton central A/C system. In May of last year, we noticed that the air coming through the ducts was not cool. So, we called a service company, they came in and found that our system was low on freon, and they recommended simply recharging the system (rather than looking for the leak). At the end of August, we were back to no cooling. So, we had another company come in and perform a leak check for us. They located a leak in the "indoor coil" and provided an estimate on the repair. This is where my questions come up. First, I've now spoke with this company 3 times about the estimate and on each occasion they've given me wildly different prices (almost $1000 difference in estimates based on the 3 conversations I've had with them). Is it normal for estimates to fluctuate like this? Second, in trying to get estimates from other companies for the same job, I want to be sure that I'm referencing the right component that needs fixing. Is the "indoor coil" actually the evaporator coil? Or is there some other component that's generally referred to as the "indoor coil."

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide, and please let me know if I can provide any additional information that might help you!

Best,
M