+ Reply to Thread

Default Suspended Peninsula Cabinet

I am removing my kitchen cabinet support posts.

The cabinet is attached to the main beam of the house along the length, and to another cabinet at one end.

Can I attach a 3/4 inch plywood piece inside the cabinet top with an angle iron connecting along to the beam?

Is there an easier way I can secure this cabinet, without hanging it from the ceiling? I would like to use the main beam as a support. The cabinet has been firmly attached for 14 years in this position, but we are getting new counter-tops and need to remove these 2 end support posts.

I do have pictures of this, I will post when my post count reaches more than 10.

Thanks

Default Re: Suspended Peninsula Cabinet

To hang cabinets through the top requires cabinets built to be installed that way, most are not.

You can e-mail pictures to me jackson_l_mcdaniel@yahoo.com and I'll pot the for you. Put TOH PICS in the subject line and include your TOH user name or a link to this thread.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

They look like standard production type cabinets. They are not designed for the top to hold the weight . I would suggest you install the 3/4 plywood the same size as the top, then pocket screw the plywood into the side and front frame. You can then attach the brackets to the plywood and the beam.

Jack