+ Reply to Thread

Default Random-Orbit Sanders

Have you used any of the following reader-tested Random-Orbit Sanders from the April 2009 issue of This Old House?

* -Milwaukee 6021-21
    * -Porter Cable 390K
    * -Craftsman Vibrafree 25927
    * -Skil 7490-01

Share YOUR review here!

Default Re: Random-Orbit Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Have you used any of the following reader-tested Random-Orbit Sanders from the April 2009 issue of This Old House?

* -Milwaukee 6021-21
    * -Porter Cable 390K
    * -Skil 7490-01

Share YOUR review here!
    I have the Milwaukee, I find it is easily controllable, more so than my Bosch ROS20VSK. The dust collection works very well, especially when connected to a vacuum. It leaves a very consistent finish. I really appreciate that it comes with both a Velcro and an adhesive sand paper backing plate. I find this sander to be fairly comfortable to use. I do wish that it was not as tall, as this would make controlling it with an over the top grip easier. As it is, I usually grip it with a "choke" hold around the lower part of the base. The variable speed adjustment seems to maintain it's speed very well. this sander appears to be relatively durable, I've had mine less than a year now and it hasn't broken yet.
    >>>>------------------------------------------------>
    Time flies like an arrow.... Fruit flies, like a banana
    (Groucho Marx)

Default Re: Random-Orbit Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post

* -Milwaukee 6021-21
    * -Porter Cable 390K
    * -Skil 7490-01

Share YOUR review here!
    The Vibrafree from Craftsman works very smoothly and aggressively, but the special split paper is only available from Sears and my local Sears often runs out. Also, the dust collector has an oval fitting that will not accept my vac hose for vacum assisted sanding.