I've been painting my daughters house over the year. The house is brick, wood trim and fiberboard (cement?) for the dormer ends. I have finished all the trim. The dormer ends are all that is left to do. I have been doing everything with a brush.

I am looking for an alternative to the brush on the dormers. It is lap siding fiberboard, so the laps are not too thick, about 1/4" or so. I don't relish going up and down the constantly to do a couple square feet at a time. I know I will need to use a brush to cut in the edges next to the trim. Will a thick nap roller for textured surfaces get right up into the area where the laps meet and overlap? What about pads.