+ Reply to Thread

Question Savung a Marble Tile Floor

Bought a foreclosure with 20 year old marble tile floors throughout. I'm trying to save what I can in kitchen, laundry room, bathrooms and entryway but a couple of questions:

1. What is the best way to make a clean cut at the threshold to bathroom and kitchen entry where I will leave it?
    2. Is there a way to save a few tiles from areas where the floor is being removed to use in repairing other rooms?
    3. If yes to above, is there a way to remove backing from removed tile? (backing looks like concrete with a thick plastic mesh that was nailed to sub-floor.)

Thanks for any help. Seems a shame not to save what I can of these floors.
    Last edited by cjg333; 11-04-2012 at 06:38 PM. Reason: add picture

Default Re: Savung a Marble Tile Floor

Saving building materials can only make sense to me if they're worth more than the cost of labor and time to save them.

I'm all for preservation, but I also watch the bottom line, because I'm not related to Warren Buffet.

Everything that you want done, can be done, with limits, depending how it was cemented down. You will have breakages on the way, but only you can tell if it's worth the trouble.

From my experience, demolition is rough on building materials making used building materials trash.