+ Reply to Thread

Default Engineered Flooring

I'm installing 1/3 inch tongue in groove engineered wood flooring in three bedrooms, a connecting hallway, and two stairways. The hallway is a problem. There are two sets of stairs. One drops off of the right side of the hallway and the second stairway drops off of the left side. I have bullnose pieces to install over the old stairs and the tongue of the engineered floor boards needs to face the bullnose. How can I reverse the direction of the tongue in groove planks so that the tongue faces the bullnose on the left side of the hall at one end and then faces the bullnose on the right side at the other end of the hall?

My second questions is about placing the bullnose. Is there any easy way to cut off the rounded end of the old bullnose so that the new bullnose piece fits tight over the old one?

Default Re: Engineered Flooring

Is this gluedown or nailed....have any pictures ??????

Buster

To change direction cut slots fot biscuits on the groove edge and place two groove sides together. If nail down you may have to face nail depends on width of plank.or you may be able to toenail.You have to see what works with your conditions.

Buster

you should be able to locate a spline to fit in the grooves.

I always cope joints, Bull nose shouldn't be any different.
    Debby in Oklahoma

I'm with Debby, a spline wide enough to fit in the two groves. As far as the bull nose goes you can cut most of it off with a circular saw or a saber saw and a straight edge. Finish with a hand saw (I prefer Japanese) and chisel.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb