+ Reply to Thread

Thread: eave blocking

Default eave blocking

this house has no eave blocking so the ceiling insulation just runs across the ceiling and ends (exposed to the cold (or hot) air over the porch which has a vinyl ceiling with perforated panels which act like a soffit to ventilate the attic. the problem is that when it's windy it feels like the wind is just blowing thru the fiberglass insulation horizontally and into the house (it's freezing in the house on every cold windy day). I assume eave blocking should have been installed to prevent this wind penetration or am I a missing something?

Default Re: eave blocking

what type of insualtion do you have in the attic

attics are supposed to have ventilation and allow air flow.. it sounds like they open too much... do you have blown in cellulose or fibreglass in the attic... if so its a good chance that its getting blown around which is compromising the total depth of the insulation making it so the insulation isnt doing its job
    fire up the saw and make some dust

Default Re: eave blocking

Probably I didn't describe the issue very well. I don't see anyway to upload a picture here which would explain it much better than I did.
    Last edited by ky_jim; 11-03-2012 at 04:45 PM.