+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Puzzling Basment Leak

Hi all, really hope someone can suggest something for this problem. Had a few people over but no answers.

At the far left of my basement, where the basement wall meets the ceiling I am getting some water leakage. It is a poured concrete basement. What I can see, is this is also the area of my house where there is concrete patio outside. Right in the crack where the wall meets the ceiling, I can see some of the cement has fallen away a bit, and I can see wood (i'm guessing that is what is underneath the patio). I'm guessing this can't be fixed from the inside? I have also cocked the patio itself, so at this point, I'm thinking that the water is somehow travelling underneath the patio, and then comes inside.
    Thanks for ahead of time for any tips or suggestions.

Default Re: Puzzling Basment Leak

Ha, guess its puzzled everyone else.

Haywire,

Welcome to this forum. You need to understand that the folks here are all volunteers, who are not standing by the computer to answer questions...you ask a question - then wait patiently.

1. You said you had people over to look at your problem. Who did you have? family and friends?

2, Without more details, including clear photos, it's almost impossible for us to guess. A visual inspection is needed at a minimum.

3. Judging by your observations, the leak source is at the area that you described, and all constructual repairs must be done outside.

This is as much I can say at this time.

Well, it is really confusing unless and until you don't upload a photograph providing you an effective solution will be difficult. I can only suggest you to seal the cracks and carefully check your drainage system. The water coming from roof is going where? May be that is the reason the water is dripping towards your wall.

hi there, yes, sorry pics would definately help. Guess I have to get my post count up higher to post them though. HOpefully i can do that soon.

You can send your photos to our member JLMCDANIEL and he'll post them for you. Just write 'photos' on the title and include your information.

Oh great, thanks! I will do that. Basically what I think is happening is that I have concrete patio. I believe the water is getting under the patio, then is coming through underneath the patio and through the area where the basment ceiling meets the wall. I will send pics though..again..many thanks!

Here is the OP's pictures

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

I was hoping for exterior photos as well, but from what I see inside, you need to repair it from the outside.
    Can you send more pictures?

Hi there, sure thing! I've been told that repairing it from the outside is the best way to go. My only problem is...how? lol Going outside, directly in front of the leakage is a huge concrete patio. Busting it up, would be a huge job. Anyways, I will take pics of the outside as well, as they will definately tell a better story then I can.