Hybrid View

Default water is gurgling

During a bad storm when rain is heavy, I heard gurgling sound coming out of bathroom sink. Could this be an issue I should be concerned about?

Thank-you

Default Re: water is gurgling

It sounds like your on a septic system that is getting flooded by ground water.

John

I am on a city system. Does the city on a septic system? I wonder if there is no back-up of water am I not to worry?
    Thanks

Just one specific sink? Is it in a basement or an upper floor?

Could be water coming into a soil vent from above and taking a wrong turn or a few other things.

Soil vent has cover over it to keep water from going into it because it leaks. Sink is upstairs but is not used. I do have access to basement. Is this where I should start inspection?Thanks

It sounds like you have may issues with you plumbing. A vent pipe shouldn't be caped. You say you also have a sink that isn't being used. Is the waste line caped on that sink? If not the trap can dry out allowing sewer gas to enter the home. Your should have a qualified plumber look over the system.

John

It sounds like you have may issues with your plumbing. A vent pipe shouldn't be caped. You say you also have a sink that isn't being used. Is the waste line caped on that sink? If not the trap can dry out allowing sewer gas to enter the home. Your should have a qualified plumber look over the system.

John