My washer and dryer are in my utility room which is in the center of my house. My house is on a cement slab. Right now, my dryer vent goes up the wall about 8-10 ft, into the attic and across about 10-15 ft to an exterior wall. For a long time the dryer wasn't even hooked up to the vent hose because my clothes would never dry. I know that is not what you want to do but I am a single mom and financially I couldn't really do anything about it. I bought new venting pipe thinking maybe that would help but, as far as I can tell, nothing is plugged up. I've been told to take the vent straight up through the roof. I am not sure I want to do that because I would think that the lint will collect at the bottom and could cause a fire. I have also been told to let it vent into the attic. I don't want to do that due to moisture and that would just cause a whole other problem. I can usually fix things myself but I'm at a loss with this. Does anybody have advice to help me with this problem? I'd appreciate it so much!!