+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default no room for towels

This may sound like a crazy idea,but I don't know what else to do.
    My bathroom is small. I have no room for the towels so they are piled on top of one of those over the toilet cabinets. I would like to have a linen closet but no room for one.
    When I open the bathroom door(it opens out) it almost hits the chase for the chimney, which made me think if I removed one side of the chase put shelves in and installed a door would it work for a linen closet? Am I crazy for thinking of this?

Default Re: no room for towels

Post a diagram please.

You shouldn't/can't open up a chimney chase unless the chimney is removed.

Unhappy Re: no room for towels

I know what you're talking about. Our whole house is really small but it only has to serve my husband and I. It's so small, when I'm in the tub I can actually hold on to the sink for support! We have a small closet (no door of any sort) and our towels are falling out!
    Last edited by sandy11949; 11-04-2012 at 06:50 AM. Reason: spelling

Don't you have space for a towel radiator? Without a diagram it's difficult to address properly. Heated towel radiators come in many sizes and even if you don't have central heating you can install an electric heating element. An electrician will advise on how best to connect the supply.
    For tips and advice on Hidden Content head to DHI today.

Don't you have space for a towel radiator? Without a diagram it's difficult to address properly. Heated towel radiators come in many sizes and even if you don't have central heating you can install an electric heating element. An electrician will advise on how best to connect the supply.

I need to see the diagram as well. Don't you have any place left in your bathroom to install a towel rack, specifically a wall-mounted type? You can install a wall-mounted towel rack in the wall facing a toilet seat if there's a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyDN View Post
    I need to see the diagram as well. Don't you have any place left in your bathroom to install a towel rack, specifically a wall-mounted type? You can install a wall-mounted towel rack in the wall facing a toilet seat if there's a chance.
    I was thinking just the same. Nice idea.

Yup, without seeing it actually I canít suggest anything.

It is very difficult to comment, but as far as I understood your issue, you can place something like hanger or small designer rod just above your bath tub to put up a towel