Quote Originally Posted by dj1 View Post
In this particular case, I would replace the angle stop (valve). There are 3 kinds: threaded, soldered and compression. It will be easier to replace the one you have with a matching one.
Get a "quarter turn" version rather than the version that has a rubber washer. I have yet to see a washer-style one that actually shuts off the water after it's a few years old.