+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swivel adapters

Question Swivel adapters

Since I have to have a certain post count to include a link, I probably can't ask my question in any way that would make sense.
    So I'll just ask anyway without showing exactly what I mean.
    On a video, Rich Trethewey showed how to adapt a laundry shut off valve to existing hose bibbs with swivel adapters.
    Trouble is, I can't find them anywhere and no one seems to ever have heard of them.
    Can anyone direct me to a supplier?
    Don

Default Re: Swivel adapters

Since my first post I went to many sources to find this swivel adapter Mr. Trethewey was hawking on Ask This Old House.

No one, not even the best specialty plumbing supply house have ever seen or heard of such a thing. I even had a good screen grab from the video to show them.

Not being able to post with links yet (I think I will not likely ever get there, since nobody even responded to my question, making me think I came to the wrong place) it appears that Trethewey was making a pitch for a product that has never come to the marketplace.

I will attempt to send forum members to the aforementioned video without using the dreaded and banned links. Go to thisoldhouse.com/toh/video/ and find the video with this number
    0,,20555339,00 with the appendage dot html.

Don

I believe what you are looking for is the TimeOut 1/2 in Brass Washing Machine Automatic Shut off Ball Valve. Good luck and please post back with your results.

????

What I'm looking for is the SWIVEL ADAPTER used to make the connection to the shutoff valve

The swivel adapters can also be found in a Time Out retrofit kit from Keeney Manufacturing Co of Newington Ct. Sorry if there was any confusion. Got to go, have laundry to do.
    Last edited by BobVila; 10-23-2012 at 09:48 AM.

Allow me to set this straight.

The TimeOut valve is not for installation to pipes. It is to be used in the replacement or elimination of manual laundry shutoff.

Additionally, the TimeOut brand valve does NOThave the swivel adapters to which I have reference.

Okay my laundry is done and into the dryer. Please look at Keeney Manufacturing Co Part #PP84RB Good Luck and you really must have one heck of a understanding wife.

I do indeed have a lovely, understanding and patient wife of 51 years, but I fail to see why she has been drawn into this discussion.

The part to which you refer is not what I am looking for. And it doesn't come with the TimeOut valve.

Don
    Check out this adapter
    Orbit Metal Goose Neck Hose Swivel.
    Cost about $ 6.00 it is used on my Hose reel.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Butler View Post
    Since I have to have a certain post count to include a link, I probably can't ask my question in any way that would make sense.
    So I'll just ask anyway without showing exactly what I mean.
    On a video, Rich Trethewey showed how to adapt a laundry shut off valve to existing hose bibbs with swivel adapters.
    Trouble is, I can't find them anywhere and no one seems to ever have heard of them.
    Can anyone direct me to a supplier?
    Don
    search in this site. PlumbingStore with hose_fittings_brass