Poll: What should we do with our side entry awning?

+ Reply to Thread

Question side entry awning outdated

This is currently our side entrance overhang/awning. We are renovating this house. We purchased it with the newer vinyl siding but the overhang is sort of unsightly. It's rusting and doesn't match the siding to me. I would like to remove the awning, but there would be holes left in the siding after the bolts are removed.

Does anyone know where I might be able to find a more attractive awning to replace this ugly one and cover up the holes?

I'd like something maybe wood? maybe something with a trellis beneath it?

Default Re: side entry awning outdated

Howdy consider contacting a awing company for bid and ideas. or a contractor to build you a entry awning/ trellis

Default Re: side entry awning outdated

A gable end portico might work if you matched the finishing details of the house, but you might have to relocate the drop/cable entrance closer to the corner/gutter due to proximity of door and the crawl/basement vent and the window above it between the door and the downspout/corner of the house.

I would suggest matching the roof slope above and widening the area protected to both sides of the landing and more ceiling height to make the entrance more accessible. It might be able to be supported by cantillever instead of posts.
    Last edited by Moon Over My Hammy; 04-20-2009 at 01:15 PM.

Question Re: side entry awning outdated

I'm pretty sure that I'm going to remove the old awning and repair the holes in the vinyl siding with some sort of vinyl siding patch and paint them to match the siding as best as possible.

Does anyone know if Home Depot carries any sort of vinyl siding repair kit? If I take them a piece of cracked siding, I think they can match the color to paint it.