+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Odd Window Sill

Default Odd Window Sill

I have a home built in 1949. All the windows were replaced a few years ago. Now i and working on updating the Trim, but noticed that the Sill are an Odd size. the Rounded ends are only about 7/8" long at each end pass the main window frame. The Trim on them now is only 7/8" Flat Rounds (edges). If i replace the Trim with a 2" or 3" trim, i would have to notch them at the bottom then meter the corners. Any suggestions as to how to trim around these windows? (i tried to upload a picture)

Default Re: Odd Window Sill

E-mail the pictures to me jackson_l_mcdaniel@yahoo.com
    Put TOH PIC in the subject line and your TOH user name in the body and I will post the pictures for you.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

based on what you mention, it sounds like the sills may have been installed for a drywall return only and not allowing for casing

the sil should be past the casing by 1`both on the sides and the face of the casing. so.... the horn should be about 4-13/16" beyond hte jamb extensions
    fire up the saw and make some dust

I'm confused. sill is on outside, stool is on inside.

Jack

Here is the OP's Picture

Jack

As you can see from the Pic that Jack posted for me. The upper black markings is the trim around the window.
    And the lower black marking is the sill.
    Any suggestions as to how i might place a Trimming around this?

Thanks for everyone's help.

TJ

I'm guessing that this is on the inside and you are reffering to the window stool and not a window sill. The most obvious thing to do is replace the stool.

Jack