+ Reply to Thread

Default Topper storage in a garage

My husband and I are looking for a kit or product list that will create a system to hang his pickup truck topper from the garage rafters for easy storage.

Anyone know what I mean and/or have any ideas?

Default Re: Topper storage in a garage

sure, if you watch the latest ask this old house episode which aried this past week they installed a pully system to hang bicycles from a garage ceiling...this could easily be adapted to accomodate your truck bed cover. if not, you can create a similar pully system from almost anywhere and easily adapt it.

Depending on how much it weighs, there are various ways to do it.

I think the easiest would be to use a couple of pulleys and super strong wires. You can even install an electric winch for an easy hoisting.

I once installed one of those for a huge and heavy chandelier and it worked fine (for lowering it for cleaning or bulb replacement).

If this job seems like something you can't do, call some local general contractors for advice and prices.

The bicycle hoists are similar to the idea we're looking for but they simply can't handle the weight of a couple hundred pounds of truck topper.

I am looking to see if anyone has a kit that would do that same job but has already done the appropriate math and tensile strength research for hardware and materials.

Check out a place that sells truck toppers, they should have the type of hoist you are looking for at around a couple hundred bucks depending on what you get.

http://www.campway.com/products/acce...cap/index.html
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!