The windows in the 1890 Arts & Crafts house I just bought have wooden louvered blinds that slide up and down in grooves in the window casing. There are three grooves and some windows have three blinds in them, each one-third the height of the window, others just one. It would seem that the most light you could get is with all the blinds pushed to the top or bottom, still cutting off one-third the window area.
Anybody know what these blinds are called, where to buy new ones, or how to remove them for repair?