+ Reply to Thread

Default What Tool Was Used

In season 11, Episode 1
    Transforming Stock Shelves Tom used a tool to cut the Basebord
    I am doing a similar project and i need to know what tool he used

Default Re: What Tool Was Used

It was a oscillating tool. There are many manufactures on the market now, from no name brands to a high end Fein. The main difference you will find is the degree of oscillation and like most higher end tools the smoothness in operation. You will also see they can do much more than cut wood. I find the oscillating tool to have a useful spot in my tool box. Good luck on your search and please post what tool you choose.

fein and bosch make the best corded models. makita isnt far behind. the dremel overheats quickly and can burn out

the other thing to consider is the blades.. dont cheap out and buy the cheapy blades. they burn up and dull extremely quick which means going back to the store to buy more..

bosch makes extremely good blades and are easy to find. dremel blades are the most common but arent too good. rigid blades from home depot burn up in no time
    fire up the saw and make some dust

Ryobi just came out with a cordless one for their one+ 18 volt tools. It has adapters for Bosch and Dremel blades and adapters. It uses the regular Rockwell blades and tools.

the ryobi has been out for a while now. no surprise they came out with it.. rigid, milwaukee and ryobi are all owned by the same parent company and they have several tools which are nearly the same other than the color... well rigid and milwaukee any way
    fire up the saw and make some dust

Quote Originally Posted by BobVila View Post
    It was a oscillating tool. There are many manufactures on the market now, from no name brands to a high end Fein. The main difference you will find is the degree of oscillation and like most higher end tools the smoothness in operation. You will also see they can do much more than cut wood. I find the oscillating tool to have a useful spot in my tool box. Good luck on your search and please post what tool you choose.
    Yeah friend I am too agree with the oscillating tool to cut the baseboard just because of more options of cutting things other than the wood... So, I will suggest you for it.