I have a bedroom table lamp with a three step touch dimmer mounted in the metal base. It was working fine till it was unplugged while I was on vacation. When I came back, and plugged it in, it would not come on when touched. I tried another outlet, works fine. Anything else I plug into the usual outlet works fine. I used a tester on the outlet, and it showed all was good, including polarity.
Since there was a secondary issue with the small plug on the lamp cord, I went ahead and rewired the lamp with a new plug, and internal wiring. I verified all good connections to the dimmer leads, and that proper polarity was observed.
When I finished, I tested it on a GFI outlet and it worked fine.
Tested it on several other outlets in the house, on different circuits, and it works fine. Went back to the bedroom, and no good. Same thing on another outlet on the same circuit, it won't work. To try to eliminate other variables, I reset the circuit breaker for the bedroom outlets. Lamp still does not work on its usual outlet, or the other wall outlet on the same circuit. The strange thing is I have a duplicate lamp on the other side of the bed on the same circuit (different outlet) that works fine.
I am really stumped as to why this lamp works fine on ALL BUT ONE circuit in the house.
Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks in advance.