+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vinyl Siding

Default Vinyl Siding

Is there anything that can be done for faded and streaked vinyl siding. This is the third time this has happend on my house. I really can't afford to replace it again.

Default Re: Vinyl Siding

And people wonder why I knock vinyl siding.

The only cure for faded vinyl siding is replacement. Let's hope you've learned your lesson this time and opt for something that is more durable and that can be maintained, let alone keep your home water tight or improve it's value.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

how old is the vinyl and what brand is it. i cant stand vinyl either as most of the homes i install it on are lower budget jobs. but high quality vinyl lasts much longer than cheap vinyl fading included
    fire up the saw and make some dust

jcbl,

Actually, vinyl siding accepts acrylic paint very well. A quality 100% acrylic paint will go straight over vinyl siding even without a primer. I have painted several vinyl sided homes in later years with absolutely no problems. The one caveate is to never choose a darker color than the existing color. Vinyl siding expands and contracts considerably. Using a dark color could cause it to heat up and permanently warp away from the building.