Help! I'm in the process of renovating my kitchen. On one wall there is a fireplace. The Building Code in my town says that there needs to be 2" to 4" of space between the brick wall and any combustible material, like kitchen cabinets. I don't have the room to do this. So my question is what kind of material can I put on the brick (the backside of the fireplace) so that I can attach the cabinets to the brick? It must be something that is well documented and the Building Inspector will approve. Help, "OB1, you are my only hope."