Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Need Fireplace Brick Insulation

    Help! I'm in the process of renovating my kitchen. On one wall there is a fireplace. The Building Code in my town says that there needs to be 2" to 4" of space between the brick wall and any combustible material, like kitchen cabinets. I don't have the room to do this. So my question is what kind of material can I put on the brick (the backside of the fireplace) so that I can attach the cabinets to the brick? It must be something that is well documented and the Building Inspector will approve. Help, "OB1, you are my only hope."

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Need Fireplace Brick Insulation

    Ask the inspector if a sheet metal shield will be acceptable.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2012

    Default Re: Need Fireplace Brick Insulation

    The inspector may allow for a rated duct wrap to be installed or mineral wool. Again you would need to ask.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts