+ Reply to Thread

Default Oil on Prefinished Hardwood Flooring

Hi,

We had prefinished hardwood flooring install recently. While dusting the china cabinet my wife got some lemon oil on the floor. Then she used her swifer and spread it around in a 2 X 6 foot area. Now the floor has a dull look to it and shoe prints show real bad. We have heard not to use a steam mop so does anyone have an idea on how to remove this? Thanks for your time.

Wornslick

Default Re: Oil on Prefinished Hardwood Flooring

You have some oil residue sitting on the surface of the wood. I would try wiping the area first with a little mineral spirits on a clean rag. After that, I would try again wiping it with rags damped with warm water with a little dishwashing liquid in it. Donīt get the floor wet, merely damp wipe it!

Default Re: Oil on Prefinished Hardwood Flooring

Quote Originally Posted by ordjen View Post
    You have some oil residue sitting on the surface of the wood. I would try wiping the area first with a little mineral spirits on a clean rag. After that, I would try again wiping it with rags damped with warm water with a little dishwashing liquid in it. Donīt get the floor wet, merely damp wipe it!
    Thanks ordjen, as soon as she gets back from a small vacation, I will make sure she reads this.