Poll: Log in or register to vote for the August 2012 cover of TOH (see choices below)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Log in or register to vote for the Nov/Dec 2012 cover of This Old House magazine

Use the poll tool (above) to vote for your favorite Nov/Dec 2012 cover (choices pictured below). The cover headline will be:

COZY COLORFUL HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS
    > 5 DIY decorations, 27 paint ideas, and 13 built ins that make entertaining easier

We enjoy reading your feedback, but be aware that only votes made through the poll tool will be counted. Votes that are typed into replies to this post will not be counted.

Scroll down to see the FOUR (4) cover choices. The cover with the most votes will go to press. Thanks for your time!

For larger versions of these covers, see below.

COVER "A"

COVER "B"

COVER "C"

COVER "D"

Red face Re: Log in or register to vote for the Nov/Dec 2012 cover of This Old House magazine

Cover A is my preference.

Default Re: Log in or register to vote for the Nov/Dec 2012 cover of This Old House magazine

Roaring fire speaks both cozy and holidays.

Default Re: Log in or register to vote for the Nov/Dec 2012 cover of This Old House magazine

Cover D says Holidays
    Bill Strobel
    Independent Towing & Repair
    Fayetteville, NC

Do It Right or Don't Do It All

Cool Re: Log in or register to vote for the Nov/Dec 2012 cover of This Old House magazine

Not happy with any of them, the fireplace should have been made part of the kitchen.

I worked in a school system for two summers cleaning classrooms. The green in this kitchen is the same color. I like the layout but the color has got to go.

All I see in A is the dining set-
    B- I think the image has good depth,
    a bit cramped, but in realtor speak, cozy
    is another word for cramped. C- I focus on the range.
    D- 1/4 of the image is taken up by a wall
    grounding the text. All in all, a difficult
    shot to work with, none of them seem "Cozy".

Cover "D" shows the best view of the ceiling lines and upper cabinets. I do agree with an earlier comment that the fireplace should be in the kitchen.

D and A are the best, but I agree with the comments on D. Looks good!

None of them are very appealing but, overall, Cover B has more warmth from the wood tones in the island, stools, and flooring. It looks like an area people would actually congregate in while visiting. It also seems to show more of the vaulted ceiling. The green tones from the painted cabinets and counter tops in the other covers are cold, especially when used with the stainless steel stove and vent hood. The green does not work with the flooring. The fireplace in Covers A and D looks out of place. Based on the other comments I'm not the only one who thinks you could've done better for a holiday cover.
    Last edited by stillstanding; 09-26-2012 at 12:00 PM.