+ Reply to Thread

Default Insulating the Gables?

I have been working in my attic trying to lower my energy bill. This is a house I bought so I'm doing this after the fact. I started by air sealing as much possible, installing airtight recessed cans, Great Stuff foaming the HVL's and properly venting them in the process. I installed a powered gable fan and installed double foil insulation on the roof rafters for ventilation I then started adding a layer of R30 on top of the existing insulation. I just happened to pass by a job site trash pile and picked up some 2x4 sized batts and was wondering if it would be a good idea to insulate the Gables. I live in South Louisiana where the Humidity is always high and the temps during the summer can reach 100 degrees.

The Cajun
    Kevin

Default Re: Insulating the Gables?

Really the only of these footwear is wide, along with plastic band who combination both. Your separators of the bottom allow anyone to be comfortable although wandering.Per the internet of this
    Welcome to visit Hidden Content

Default Re: Insulating the Gables?

Kevin,

Unless you are cooling / heating on one side of the insulation it will do no good except to make you feel better. You'll get more benefit by laying atop the other insulation. Can't hurt.