+ Reply to Thread

Default Travelling Sprinkler

Does anybody have a recommendation for one of those travelling sprinklers? I just had my law re-seeded and right now I have a stationary 360 degree sprinkler that I have to move midway through the watering cycle to make sure I get full coverage because I have a spruce in the middle of my yard. I did some research and saw the Nelson Rain Train, that looks like it would be perfect to set up to go around the tree, but I see there have been mixed reviews on it. Anybody have any ideas?

Default Re: Travelling Sprinkler

With a new lawn you should have installed an in ground sprinkler system, at least manual. The moving sprinkler is a pain in the butt.

Well when the landscape company quotes you $10k that you don't have to spend to install an in-ground system, you try to find alternatives. I think I will just continue to move the head midway through the cycle.

How big is your yard that you got a 10K bid?
    Is this the only bid you got?
    If yes, you need more bids, because it's too high for an average lot. Pipes, connectors, pvc glue and valves + labor (digging) can't be 10K. Not even in the White House.

10K bid? Oh boy that's huge.

Not sure why so high...not an above average yard size. maybe too many twists and turns?