+ Reply to Thread

Default Glue recommendation

Can anyone give me some advice on which would be the strongest glue to use on the joints of my 6 panel interior doors which have a tendency to spread apart every few years. I probably haven't removed the old glue thoroughly but I will do this as soon as I can think of the appropriate tool for this application.
    (Could use some ideas on the tool as well) Thanks everyone.

Default Re: Glue recommendation

Personally I like Titeband III. The other thing you can do is pin the tongues with dowels once the door is clamped together tight. Pocket screws can also be used if installed properly. That is so they are not screwed into end grain.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Thanks Jack for the quick reponse. Your knowledgeable advice is always much appreciated.

Guy

Smile Re: Glue recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by JLMCDANIEL View Post
    Personally I like Titeband III.

This is the best glue in the world If I one day learned that NASA used it for the space shuttle I wouldn't be surprised The next time I order some it will be in the gallon size instead of the 16oz. size. The only thing I don't like about it is the long drying time, but it's worth it.

Good to hear about Titeband III, I'll have to see if I can find it locally, for my projects. Thanks.